Finance is growing rapidly within the client company and is developing into a cutting-edge global finance organization. The company has ambitious growth plans in the immediate future and has an immediate global finance team member whom is eager to deliver world-class accounting and finance.
This newly created role in the expanding N.A. accounting team is responsible for accounting. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in accounting and should be able to multi-task and work both independently in a fast-paced environment and be a strong collaborator. Candidate must possess a strong desire to learn, grow and develop their skills while providing enhancement to the current accounting function. Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential.
Main responsibilities include gross-to-net deductions, revenue accruals, commissions, rebates and reporting. The role will also include other general accounting. The role will partner with Commercial Operations, Supply Chain, International revenue and Order-to-Cash teams and will work closely with Technical Accounting on revenue recognition guidelines.
- Partnering with Technical Accounting to ensure the revenue accounting is in compliance with revenue recognition standards and technical guidance provided.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly revenue journal entries and account reconciliations including commissions accruals, dispensing fees, reserves, gross-to-net and other revenue adjustments.
- Prepare monthly revenue reporting
- Other general accounting and ad-hoc monthly close activities.
- Participate in process transformation and efficiencies to include identifying areas for streamlining and improvements
- Completion of 10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External reporting team
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Participate in Cross Functional Projects including ‘Order to Cash improvement’ initiatives.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting/Business Administration is essential and Certified Public Accountant is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Accounting, preferably with combination of Big 4 audit and public company experience.
- Revenue accounting experience is essential.
- Experience with accounts receivable and order- to-cash is an advantage to understand the end to end process.
- ERP systems experience preferable - Oracle EBS
- Strong desire to learn and progress