The candidate will introduce and advance cost-effective actuators that provide both optimal product performance and world class reliability for a given machine or engine class. The successful candidate will look for ways to shorten NTI / NPI development cycles and challenge current processes. You will be responsible for doing this with customer requirements and timing. Along with that, the candidate will mentor and coach team members.
Electro-hydraulic / Pneumatic Engineering Actuator Designer, you will be a key contributor in the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes. You will provide technical guidance to global teams. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learning and staying abreast of innovative technologies, mentoring, coaching, and teaching team members.
Within the scope of NTI and NPI workflow, the candidate will be expected to act as a subject matter expert, assisting the actuator team and process partners complete the required L1/L2 NPI and APQP process elements from actuator concept through production release (PPAP). S/he will be responsible for helping resolve complex component and system issues ahead of production (NPI) and, when necessary, post production issues (CPI).
* Provide technical guidance on needs analysis and initiate ideas
* Evaluate and promote new products, processes, or systems
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Lead teams to the design of new products and processes
* Provide technical guidance on product and process maintenance.
* Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Mechanical or Electrical Engineering curriculum
* 5+ years of relevant work experience
* 3+ years experience with the development of hydraulic or pneumatic/air control valves that are actuated via magnetic fields, preferably with experience in the design of the magnetic field generator portion of the actuator.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Demonstrated knowledge of electro-hydraulic / pneumatic engineering disciplines as they apply to component design and system integration.
* Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks and demonstrated sense of urgency when serving internal and external customers.
* Earth moving machine hydraulic systems design experience.
* Diesel or Spark Ignited air/gas handling engine systems design experience.
* Experience working with suppliers.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Proven ability to coordinate/manage several complex projects.
* Working knowledge of company’s NPI workflow, APQP process requirements and EDS.
* Pro/E experience.
* Working knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5), print reading.
* Working knowledge of manufacturing or machining processes.