Skills and Certifications [note: bold skills and certification are required]
- Enterprise Architect
- Hybrid/Private Cloud
- Certification - VMware, Microsoft Azure, AWS
This position provides architectural leadership and best practices. The enterprise Cloud Architect is responsible for leading the creation of a technology framework and providing technical leadership in support of client’s initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on the integrating systems and services that run on cloud platforms. You will also be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Provides strategic and tactical planning around current and future technologies within the Cloud space.
- Develops and implements a holistic Cloud vision and strategy across multiple facilities.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert to cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS and future providers, networking, provisioning, and management.
- Develops solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
- Delivery of Cloud Strategies that align with communities' business objectives and Cloud strategies.
- Cloud Architect environments leader to support Academic, Research, and Hospital communities.
- Leads the design of production, staging, QA and development Cloud Infrastructures running in 24x7 environments.
- Provides leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud and implementation of Azure or AWS within large regulated enterprise environments.
- Ensures standards and framework compliance by providing well-documented standards, data models, and information system diagrams.
- Participates in the architecture review of all critical system designs and provides technical guidance in the selection and implementation processes.
- Performs feasibility analyses, up to and including the most complex and advanced, on current and potential future projects.
- Nurtures Cloud computing internally and externally to drive Cloud Adoption for overall IT architecture.
- Serves as top consultant to leadership.
- Leads a team of IT architecture professionals and provide guidance to large teams who develop highly complex systems (for more qualified candidates).
- Recommends major and critical purchases impacting all aspects of the architecture.
- 10+ years experience with MS/Linux/UNIX Server Operating Systems or equivalent
- 5+ years experience as a Cloud Architect, with focus on AWS, Azure, and Hybrid Private Cloud
- 4+ years experience as an IT Enterprise Architect, with focus on server, storage, networking, and security
- AWS, Azure, or Google based Cloud Architecture and migration skills and experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of Cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, automation & orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end-to-end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs
- Knowledge of further Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, VMware, Google, IBM, EMC, etc.)
- Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of Cloud computing
- The flexibility to orient and work at all locations
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Relevant industry certifications such as VMware, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of software, database, infrastructure or other IT function; knowledge relating to the design and development of software across the organization.
- Knowledge of other related areas of IT. Ability to apply department processes and procedures to work
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team; demonstrates problem solving skills; able to learn effectively and meet deadlines
- Expertise relating to the design and development of information technology architectures across the organization
- Experience in leading a team applying all elements of technical consulting
- Enterprise-level understanding of and experience with key modeling and description languages used to map highly complex business processes to architectural components, develop common, large-scale data resource architectures, and create reference frameworks
- Significant experience with the integration of highly complex, diverse, internally and externally developed implementations of business functions to build enterprise-class, scalable systems
- Experience with formal Enterprise Architecture frameworks and modeling mechanisms.