Provides leadership in developing strategies to improve safety, quality, service and cost. Applies positive associate relations practices in accordance with plant policies. Builds organizational capability at all levels.
• Compliance to production schedules/on-time delivery and products manufactured to meet quality expectations.
• Labor, waste, and expense budget objectives met in area of accountability.
• Continuous improvement and optimization of product flow/throughput.
• Associates in unit exhibit development, high involvement and empowerment.
- Develop and communicate strategies and business plans.
- Function as a change agent, challenge the status quo, set goals and high expectations for all associates.
- Focus manufacturing resources and activities on: Safety, Quality, Service and Cost. Support the activities of the plant safety committee and/or teams.
- Maintain communication and relationships with internal and external customers.
- Prepares annual and long range budgets including cost reduction projects, quality improvement, capacity and capital plans.
- Develop methods to improve production responsiveness and product flow/throughput.
- Develop skills and capability of employees within the manufacturing unit and foster high involvement and empowerment.
- Facilitate communication and teamwork.
- Encourage innovation by all associates.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering, Science or related subject required; MBA desired.
- Minimum of 10-15 years manufacturing operations experience in a highly automated environment.
- Management experience with people leaders, hourly production associates and technical associates required.
- Experience dealing with customer inquiries, complaints and presentations. Ability to respond to inquiries with technical data and detailed analysis.
- Must have proven track record managing a business or sub-unit of a very large business.
- A strong record of selecting and developing very competent professional staff, who are energetic and forward thinking.
- Large team management experience.
- A track record of delivering positive bottom line results.
- A track record of delivering strong continuous improvement.
- A track record of creating an effective, highly recognized and proactive organization well aligned with business strategy and needs and integrated with line operations.
- Strong practical work experience; experience in medical device, food or drug industries preferred.
- Proven record of implementing and operating within data driven management systems.
- Computer proficiency
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations & other medical device regulatory compliance requirements
- Knowledge of both lean manufacturing and world class manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge/application of Six Sigma & continuous improvement