Excellent opportunity to lead and own our HR operations in China, supporting our China operations locally.
Working with business unit leadership and the HR Director, the role of Senior HR Generalist is responsible for providing professional and proactive HR support for employees within the enterprise located in China.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting employees in the areas of recruiting, onboarding and orientation of new hires, compensation & benefits, training and development, performance management, employee relations, immigration, HR metrics reporting, employee activities, worker’s compensation and leaves of absence administration; records management, off-boarding and termination process in partnership with local HR support locally.
- Supports the design, improvement and administration of HR processes and programs to achieve desired results and achieving high quality goals and standards and customer satisfaction.
- Serves as front-line interface for employees’ questions. Actively pursues/implements progressive, more efficient and effective HR and administrative processes.
- Manages complex employee issues in the areas of absence management, benefits, compensation, payroll, disability, unemployment, worker’s compensation (if applicable), performance management and investigations and employee relations.
- Responsible for process improvements and efficiency review on various HR projects and processes; partners with HR colleagues at other locations to determine best practices.
- Responsible for the on-boarding and new employee orientation processes as well as the off-boarding process of all types of employees.
- Administers the benefits and leave program, including issue resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Maintains human resource records, compiles reports and metrics; audit records to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, both in US and in China.
- Proactively leads communication and coordination of the performance review process, coaches’ managers as required.
- Assists with employee relations issues as required; works proactively with managers and employees to evaluate sensitive ER issues; does proper intake and provides guidance to leadership on variety of ER issues.
- Coordinates with local Chinese legal, HR and recruiting vendors/support partners to facilitate recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, termination, labor disputes resolution and other employee related activities, as required.
- Facilitates education and training sessions in both English and Chinese to build employee’s personal and professional effectiveness, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related subject from an accredited college or university
- 7+ years’ experience working in several functional areas of HR.
- Must speak/write/read Chinese fluently; must be able to translate documents and correspondence from Chinese to English as required, and vice versa, as required.
- Strong international experience, with specific experience in working in/with Chinese employees; direct work experience in China a plus.
- Proven experience as HR business partner/HR Generalist including experience managing complex, diverse groups in a matrix organization.
- Strong employee relations experience including knowledge of investigating employee claims, proper governance and documentation skills, adhering to both US and Chinese labor law, as required.
- Knowledge of and skills in interpreting and applying State and Federal Labor laws relating to employment and regulations.
- Must understand Chinese Labor and Employment law; and must work in close partnership with client legal, administrative and employment specialists supporting China initiatives.
- Must have experience recruiting, resourcing, supporting hiring efforts and handling off-boarding and termination process. Experience in solving labor disputes a plus.
- Role requires travel to other locations (Bar Harbor, Sacramento); and travel to China, as required.