• Design power conversion circuitry potentially utilizing any standard power conversion topologies (non-isolated and isolated).
• Architect system-level power schemes.
• Utilize power conversion simulation programs like SIMPLIS to model converter design performance.
• Utilize analysis tools like MathCAD to assess electrical design robustness of power circuitry.
• Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
• Perform high level thermal analyses of critical power components.
• Design power converters to meet a set of requirements, sometimes defining those requirements.
• Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and sometimes define the schedule.
• Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and technical staff.
• Act as a liaison between program and functional management.
Please note: This position can be a Principal Electrical Engineer or Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security Clearance.
• Must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University, with a minimum of 8 years of professional experience.
• Must have professional design, analysis, and test experience with analog electronic design and analysis, including FET, BJT, and Op-amp circuits.
• Must have professional design, analysis, and test experience with linear converters, and any two of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost. Must also have design, analysis, and test experience with any two of the following isolated converter topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, push-pull.
• Must have professional experience with performing circuit card assembly-level power architecture trades, and with system-level power architecture trades.
• Must have professional experience using PSPICE (or similar), and other circuit simulation tools.
• Must have professional experience with analysis tools such as Mathcad.
• Must have professional experience with guiding ECAD folks through layout (power focus).
• Must have professional experience with thermal concerns of electronics.
• Must have professional experience with taking, analyzing, and correcting Bode plots.
• Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, and be able to function in a dynamic environment, and have good time management skills.
• Must have strong teaming skills, and good communication skills.
• Must be customer-focused.