We are looking for an experienced EHS leader who works independently, executing initiatives and programs across multiple EHS disciplines, and monitors local performance and supports practices to achieve and maintain compliance. Responsible for developing materials for EHS trainings, achieves and maintains standard documentation, and provides updates to processes and programs to enhance EHS performance.
· Executes initiatives, programs, procedures, reports, permits and trainings across multiple EHS disciplines, as required to achieve and maintain compliance.
· Monitors local performance against EHS regulatory requirements to achieve and maintain conformance.
· Supports business partners, facilities, and employee practices to achieve and maintain understanding and compliance with EHS regulations.
· Contributes to required environmental regulatory reports and submissions to achieve and maintain standard documentation.
· Assists and develops materials for EHS training and communications on subjects required by regulations such as confined space, respiratory protection, compressed gases, electrical safety, ergonomics, etc. to achieve and maintain that procedures are understood and applied.
· Provides support for contract negotiation/creation to the team to achieve and maintain safety and compliance to regulations.
· Acts as a partner in EHS by formulating and administering EHS plans and procedures including EHS Program Management.
· Has responsibility for multiple EHS specialties.
· Coordinates with business partners for EHS concerns regarding facilities and employee practices.
· May have responsibility for facilities at a site.
· Organizes and maintains EHS policies to achieve and maintain compliance with regulations.
· Manages relationships across other specialized departments to achieve and maintain compliance with EHS regulations and company requirements.
· Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree
· Five years of prior relevant experience or
· Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
· Master's Degree in Science, Engineering or an Environmental Health & Safety related field.
· Additional certifications, such as CSP, ASP, P.E., CIH or CHMM are desirable.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office with a strong knowledge of Excel spreadsheet functions desired.
· Strong communication, technical and social skills strongly preferred.
· You are comfortable working as a team to meet highly aggressive goals.
· You are also confident training or presenting to large groups.
· You should also be able to work independently on projects, participate on multiple team efforts, be high-energy and provide team leadership.