Manager - Technical Staff will provide guidance, leadership and management to a section of 10 to 15 Senior Engineers. The successful candidate will be a key leader and mentor in the department, employing their leadership, presence and influence to foster team work and interdependent execution. The Technical Staff Manager will participate in goal setting, performance reviews, department rating sessions, department talent reviews, recruiting, interviewing, and provide recommendations for staff promotions. The Technical Staff Manager will support the management of the department by participating in Tracking Book reviews, Proposals, EACs, engineering staffing, subcontracting, workforce planning, and department cost center reviews. The successful candidate will also participate in a technical/lead role on our software development programs and be the department champion for new technology adoption.
- Responsible for the sustainment, assessment and development of the Technical Staff section
- Ensure Section members adhere to policy, vision, values and goals
- Communications Flow-Down to the section
- Performance development including collecting and providing performance feedback to section members.
- Goal Development with section members
- Career and job assignment mentoring
- Technical Leadership in Agile software development and technology adoption
- Support to Staffing, recruiting, and Workforce planning
- Proposal and cost estimate development
- Participation in Department Level Proposal and EAC reviews
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related STEM field.
- 10+ years of experience in software development on defense related programs
- Experience in software development using C, C++, Ada Experience in functional or program leadership role
- People Management experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
- Proven skills in leadership and management
- High energy, self – starting team player who achieves goals and has supported adoption of new technologies/methods
- Agile software development experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with subordinates, customers, and other organizations
- Prior experience in functional or program leadership role
- Radar domain knowledge
- Software Proposal and Cost estimation experience
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.