Lead the Systems and Networks administration group by supporting the technical requirements of the Engineering Group and will be responsible for maintaining security posture, maintaining current systems and adding new functionality. The Network Engineer will work with the systems design and development team to create and build systems, resolve security issues, troubleshoot and ensure conformance of products to specifications.
This Network Engineer will debug, analyze and verify products meet functional and performance requirements. Responsibilities will include though not limited to the following:
- Research and recommend innovative or automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Cyber Security tasks include: Security scans/remediation/compliance reporting, Vulnerability assessment/monitoring/reporting/tools, Incident response, Audit/inspection support, Directives/orders compliance, and Access control.
- Technical Administration: Install/configure/patch/upgrade assigned systems, System monitoring utilizing enterprise tools, Performance tuning/troubleshooting, Application support including application/web administration, Account management, Backup/recovery, Automation/scripting, Storage configuration (manage/allocate growth), Monitoring (events, logs, system health), Virtualization, and Clustering
- Builds and maintains solid working relationships with internal and external customers
- Make recommendations for future upgrades
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues
- Monitor networks to ensure security
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
- Design and deploy networks; Maintain network servers such as file servers, and VPN gateways
- Administer servers, routers, switches, firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Red Hat 6.x and 7.x experience is required
- Work experience working with security features and hardening RHEL
- At least 6 years of experience working with Linux advance networking (Using iptables and other Linux IP tools)and Linux system performance monitoring and fine-tuning
- Experience managing large scale network address assignments (e.g. private class A)
- Knowledge of common secure LAN/WAN infrastructure configurations
- Extensive commercial Scripting experience (e.g. Bash, Python or Perl)
- Web Application Server support experience (e.g. Apache)
- System and Network Monitoring experience (e.g. Icinga, Nagios, Elk, Cacti)
- Familiarity with network and security tools and applications like Antivirus, SELinux, SCAP, Nessus
- Active Top Secret security clearance
Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and add-ons such as X-Ray testing.
- Network Appliance Configuration/Management (Firewalls, Routers, Switches)
- MySQL, MARIA DB Experience
- Experience with Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware configuration, Network performance monitoring.
- Experience selecting, deploying and maintaining automated test tools and environments
- Experience with virtualization hypervisors like; ESXi, VirtualBox, Proxmox
Candidate must have an active Top Secret clearance