Seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented engineering leader well versed in the design and manufacture of complex systems to join an engineering organization that delivers leading edge communications products.
This position will be responsible for providing Project Management support to customer-funded programs, and internal product development efforts within the tactical business unit of Corporation’s Communication Systems segment.
Develops, presents, and delivers comprehensive presentations to the project team, upper management, and customer personnel in a clear and concise manner including:
- Provides management support for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production and release
- Plans and manages schedules and budgets
- Monitors the product/project from initiation through completion and/or customer acceptance
- Ensures completion of the product/project on schedule and within budget constraints
- Develops, manages, and maintains all aspects of project-level risks, including mitigation, costing and planning
- Develops statements of work for subcontractors and ensures performance of those subcontractors
- Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product
- Develops, monitors, and statuses detailed MS Project schedules
- Familiar with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reports for managing project performance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- BS Degree in Science or Engineering fields with 12 years of experience or MS Degree in Science or Engineering fields with 10 years of experience
- 3+ years of experience managing multi-disciplinary engineering projects with budgets of $5M+
Please be aware that many of our positions, including this one, require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Experience working proposals
- Experience supporting government customers
- Experience with radio communications and/or networking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment