The Mfg Permance Supervisor is responsible for directing and training a productive workforce to meet established production goals while maintaining schedules, safety objectives, quality objectives, and employee morale on assigned shift. In this role you would have responsibility to improve throughput velocity to achieve sales growth, on-time shipping, and WIP inventory targets.
- Establish personal and departmental performance goals and objectives.
- Help achieve plant safety objectives to improve incident rate, OSHA score, and safety risk rating.
- Improve employee involvement and communications to achieve strategic operating objectives.
- Plan, direct, and control the work of assigned work centers to make maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment and material within budgetary requirements and cost/quality standards. This includes complete responsibility for the effective utilization of overtime and control of absenteeism.
- Own the overall performance of assigned area. Facilitate smooth hand offs between all shifts, identify and facilitate continuous improvement activity, participate and lead initiatives to meet plant level goals, work with Shift Supervisors to set appropriate staffing levels and staffing alignment.
- Maintain the quality as well as quantity of various manufactured parts so that they meet engineering specifications. Manage each work center to achieve the lowest level of scrap and rework possible.
- Responsible for analyzing operating reports and taking necessary corrective action to effectively control all costs and expenses related to the department.
- Prepare budgets for all controllable expense accounts pertaining to own department and provides other budgetary information to supervisor as requested to meet plan budgeting requirements.
- Responsible for effective implementation of modern manufacturing methods that will reduce costs and increase production while improving the quality of goods produced. Responsible for being knowledgeable of new technologies and applications of state of the art manufacturing.
- Identify specific training needs of assigned employees and work with HR to develop programs. designed to address their needs. Where required, participate in these programs as a trainer.
- Act as a strong advocate of company Safety and Environmental initiatives and priorities.
- Ensure that all SAP systems and functions are being maintained, supported and used.
- Act as a strong advocate of Lean operating principles and database decision making such as Six Sigma and SPC.
- Have departmental responsibility and provide departmental leadership across all three shifts.
- Staff, develop and maintain an effective workforce of production personnel to accomplish department goals.
- Responsible for employee selection, counseling, training and development and for managing the department through contemporary management to ensure continued non-union status.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing or operations
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Prior experience working in an Engineered to Order environment.
- Prior experience with machining, assembly, fabrication operations.
- Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- ISO 9001 familiarity.
- SAP, Excel proficiency.
No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility.