DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design activities for new and existing products, predominantly involving medium frequencies / edge rates.
- Design modifications for existing products frequently driven by component obsolescence situations.
- Complex electrical engineering principles and techniques
- Analyze environment or component tolerances to identify corner cases and ensure sufficient design margin for all applicable conditions.
- Directly interfaces with members of the product development team to produce high quality/dependable products. Members impacted by electrical design include Mechanical Engineering, Test Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Systems Engineering, Safety Engineering, Software Engineering, Verification Engineering, other engineering, PCB Design, and Management teams.
- Directly interface with Component Engineering, Purchasing, and Finance teams to formulate effective obsolescence/cost/lead time mitigation solutions.
- Production and Service Station teams with troubleshooting methods of pre-delivery and field return products.
- Leads the generation of root cause corrective actions when failure analysis requires electrical engineering support.
- Understands and utilizes internal processes and tools for electrical design/documentation. Shares process/tool knowledge with others.
- Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established our Ethics Standards.
- Responsible for working in a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment (example: safety glasses).
- Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
- Works under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects that have significant effect on the success of a sub-process/small project task.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from ABET accredited university,
- 5-8 years relevant work experience
- Course work/experience with FPGAs, embedded microprocessors, microcontrollers, graphics and video processors( experience with Open GL is a plus)
- Familiarity of high performance video design techniques including designs with converters, scalers, drivers, high-speed memory (DDR2/DDR3), Ethernet and processor subsystems.
- Familiarity with analog and digital video standards and protocols
- Ability to understand and generate schematics with digital and analog electronic circuits
- Experience in development of military products, a plus.
- Familiarity with industry standard EDA tools including schematic capture, PCB layout and FPGA development/simulation
- Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.