- Support development of control system design architectures for new products.
- Interpret customer specification to define requirements for control systems design.
- Support new programs from conceptual design, through detail design to completion.
- Provide control systems technical support for the design team.
- Perform control systems analysis of power conversion equipment and system architectures.
- Convert control system designs from model to embedded code using software.
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
- Control Systems Engineer III will take directions from Project Engineer or the Supervisor of the Control Systems group.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university; and 5 to 10 years of experience in design and analysis of control systems for power conversion equipment.
- Must have design familiarity with control systems for power system architectures and power conversion equipment.
- Must have knowledge of control theory and circuit analysis applications, PSPICE and MATLAB / SIMULINK.
- Knowledge of power electronics and analog circuits, a plus.
- Knowledge in Digital, and Microcomputer circuits, a plus.
- Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers, Software Engineers and Mechanical Engineers.
- Must have experience with embedded code generation and implementation within hardware.
- Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret/security clearance.