This position will be responsible for design and development of electrical power equipment for shipboard applications and design support of other applications. The successful candidate will provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems under minimal supervision. This role will participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
Support marketing with proposals in area of conceptual designs, work break down structures, schedules and preliminary parts lists.
Interpret customer specification to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
Support new programs from conceptual design, through detail design to completion.
Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits, equipment or systems.
Perform hardware bring-up and integration and lead power conversion systems hardware / software integration.
Write product and test specifications.
Provide sustaining engineering on existing products and technical support for fielded equipment.
Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
Senior Power / Electrical Engineer I will take directions from Project Engineer or Power Engineering Department Manager.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university; and minimum 10 years of experience in design of power conversion equipment and/or training. Master of Science or advanced degree preferred.
- Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs, MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
- Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE and MATLAB preferred.
- Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
- Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
- Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.