- Work with internal and external customers to develop and refine system requirements.
- Conceptualize, model and design computer controlled mechanical/hydraulic test rigs.
- Develop functional system models of the test equipment and actuators using MATLAB, Simulink, and AMESIM, and integrate them on computerized test consoles.
- Define automated testing scripts for electro/hydro/mechanical actuators and controllers using MATLAB and/or Python.
- Operate either independently or as part of a design/development team, which includes other Department engineers
- Develop PID or other control system designs using Simulink, and lead tuning of the test equipment’s electro/hydro/mechanical control of the units under test and their load systems.
- Develop architecture documents and system integration and testing plans and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering
- 10+ years of professional Engineering work experience
- Engineering work experience with electro-hydraulic, electro-mechanical, or electro-pneumatic mechanisms/systems
- Development experience as part of a project team
- Due to certain military programs, US citizenship with ability to obtain D.O.D. secret clearance is required. Having an existing clearance is a plus
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience with the design, modelling, analysis, and development of complex servo-mechanisms for mechanical and hydraulic test rigs
- Experience in the areas of requirements definition, integration, V&V, modeling & simulation with project management
- Engineering experience in the aerospace industry
- Experience in off-the-shelf, real-time systems such as dSPACE and National Instruments is a plus