Software Applications Development Lead is responsible for leading and directing a team of developers in the specification, design, implementation, testing, and release of new features and enhancements for ProView NXG interface software.
You will research, review, and implement best-practices, new and emerging technologies, and design patterns to new and existing development.
- Coordinate and collaborate with product owners and systems, hardware, embedded software, applications, and manufacturing development teams to produce engineering designs and specifications for new features and enhancements.
- Guide local and remote teams in the development and implementation of new features, enhancements, and changes for ProView NXG interface software.
- Maintain and enhance technical proficiency in software engineering related development environments, processes, and tools.
- Plan, assign, and manage development work to achieve on-time delivery of ProView NXG features and enhancements.
- Request, perform, review, and manage code reviews using revision control software and collaborative code review tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of experience in software applications development, including developing .NET, C# based applications (7+ years preferred).
- Experience leading a team through all stages of the application development lifecycle
- Knowledge of power systems, switchgear, and/or regulator controls products & applications (preferred).
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate risks as they arise during development.
- Experience with Ethernet and TCP/IP based communications
- Ability to communicate with and effectively lead local and remote developer teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to operate effectively with minimal supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills to upper management
Experience with these skills a plus:
- Installer Authoring Tools
- Collaborating Code Review system
- GIT and JAMA
- Ethernet & TCP/IP
- DNP Communications protocol
- Version Control system