As Tooling Product Engineer you will be responsible for all dimensional characteristics and tooling pertaining to the investment casting process and our products. This may involve both new development and production castings. In this role you will be teamed up with a Process Engineer who will be responsible for the metallurgical aspects of the process.
The prime responsibility for this position is to engineer the highest yield and lowest overall cost product while meeting or exceeding all customer defined quality requirements. In this position you will work in a team environment with other engineers as well as hands on with the manufacturing team so strong communication skills are required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets technical procedures. Effectively write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Presents information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills are required. The ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization to achieve your goals are required.
- This employee must be self-motivated to continue to drive improvement in their assigned portfolio of parts.
- Leadership ability is desired as this position benefits from being an influential engineer and demonstrated leadership is a plus as the potential advancement exists in 2-4 years.
•Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
•Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
•This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
•Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
•Investment casting experience
•Solid Works and NX CAD proficient
•Minitab/statistics knowledge and strong Excel capabilities