Exciting projects for multi-axis CNC machines!
Description of Responsibilities:
- Determine operations to be performed on N/C and prepare detailed program outline and establish tooling and gauging requirements to produce Aerospace parts on numerically controlled machines.
- Prepares detailed operation sheets for the N/C portion of the process and makes estimates of setup and run hours for production parts and design & build hours for tooling. When a part contains a very large percentage of N/C work, it may be entirely possible that he/she is responsible for the total operation sheet.
- In addition to the above detailed "desk type" of work, the incumbent must also spend time in the N/C centers solving problems and improving processes associated with the parts he/she is responsible for. The solutions of these problems may require the Programmer "A"s decision alone, or could result in his/her contacting and working with his/her Group Leader, Methods Engineers, Product or Design Engineers, Quality Assurance Personnel, Metallurgists, or Inspectors. Human relation skills are necessary to work with a variety of people.
- Provides technical guidance to his/her group
- Provide input on selection, placement, job evaluation, performance and appraisals
- Supports the machine shop, Assembly & Test areas by coordinating the manufacturing Engineering group activities
- Actively participates in the development of new processes and manufacturing methods for standardization and cost reduction
- Works with Department Engineers & Technicians to achieve on time and cost competitiveness in process planning
- Provides technical input for difficult and non routine Manufacturing Engineering work
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering or related degree; with a minimum of 10 years manufacturing / NC programming multi axis CNC machines experience.
- Knowledge of automation systems is a plus.
- Ability to program and troubleshoot complex machining processes on multiaxial / multifunction CNC machines.
- Additional seasoned experience in manufacturing engineering that would be equivalent to what is learned in a degreed program would be an acceptable alternative to the Bachelors of Science Degree requirement.
- Ability to work in a matrix based organization and take initiative to contact and coordinate with other groups when a problem solution so requires.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation skills, energetic, and self-starter
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Ability to Travel – Domestic and/or international travel - 10%