We are looking for a Software Engineering Lead to be the lead architect in designing, writing, debugging, and integrating software for embedded devices controlling electro-mechanical systems. In addition to leading a team of 4-6 software engineers, you will also determine the approach necessary to resolve technical challenges, and also delegate tasks and lead others to accomplish a common goal. There is a considerable code base the engineer will add to as new weapons, cameras, sensors (Inertial Navigation, gyros, etc) are added to our systems (both new and existing).
- Lead a team of 4-6 software engineers
- Design, coding, debugging, and integrating new capabilities for our new and existing electro-mechanical systems (turret)
- Debugging issues with existing systems
- Integration of new capabilities both in the Systems Integration Lab and in the field.
- Delivery of executable software that meets performance requirements.
- Delivery of other software work products (documentation) that meets contractual requirements.
- Provide status reporting to management during project execution.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science degree in other engineering fields, and Computer Science, may be considered with appropriate additional experience in the design/development/test of real-time control software.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the design/development/test of embedded real-time control software, and 10-15 years' overall experience in software development
- Experience managing projects and teams
- C language (java a plus)
- OS experience, especially RTOS (bare metal and embedded linux a plus)
- Experience writing and debugging communication protocol drivers and stacks (networking, 1553, uart, SPI, I2C, etc.)
- Read and understand electronic part data sheets, electrical schematics, communication protocol documents
- Desired behavioral competencies include: Innovation, adaptability, decision making, communications, customer focus, building strategic working relationships, energy, initiating action, quality orientation, managing work.
- Intermediate technical competency required in Applied Science, knowledge of Customer Technology, Data Acquisition, Diagnostic Skills, Document Interpretation, and Engineering & Technology
- Advanced technical competency required in Computer Applications, Document Creation, and Math.
** Due to our government contracts, US Citizenship is required.
- Does the candidate have experience in Unix internals, low level driver software, communication interface software as well as GUI software?
- Does the candidate have working knowledge of SW and system processes such as CMMI level 3, MIL-STD- 882, DO178B/C and earlier standards MIL-STD 490 &/or 2167?
We need a person who has experience in Unix internals, low level driver software, communication interface software as well as GUI software and in addition the person should have working knowledge of SW and system processes such as CMMI level 3, MIL-STD- 882, DO178B/C and earlier standards MIL-STD 490 &/or 2167.