The Systems Engineer Lead is to provide technical leadership for the Business Unit - Space and Airborne Systems Segment. The candidate will be familiar with large-scale system integration of independent complex subsystems that provide unique capabilities for customer missions when combined.
The ideal candidate should have in-depth knowledge and experience with definition of system architectures, system modeling, and analysis of system performance. Familiar with a diverse array of disciplines including hardware, software, and networks. Will collaborate with multi-partner integrations, sub/prime relationships as well as co-contractor relationships. Identify and prioritize customer requirements, and combine components and products in all stages of life cycle from across the industry to provide the most complete solutions possible for the customer mission.
- Develop electronic hardware and software architectures and designs based on system level requirements
- Develop internal requirements, Concept of Operations, and interface control documents from customer / product requirements
- Support full system development lifecycle including concept, design fabrication, production, test, installation, operations, maintenance and disposal
- Interact with senior program managers and customers to define approaches and strategies
- Lead trade studies to identify solutions which meet requirements
- Provide technical leadership to development teams at internal and external gate reviews such as technical baseline reviews and design reviews
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Ensure the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions which meet technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Active TS/SCI security clearance required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years' of related experience within Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- Familiar with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Systems Integration of subsystems and multi-segment systems
- Coursework and/or experience in systems engineering, systems architecture, systems analysis and design, system performance modeling, integration and/or project management, and/or model-based systems engineering