Current opening for a Maintenance Manager at our client's Ohio plant. This facility manufactures packaging products for national customers. This position reports to the Site Manager.
This role needs a true leader, someone who has developed other team members and who has managed supervisors in the past. Technical savvy is a must, will need to be comfortable in or able to learn SAP and other platforms. Must be willing to work with several backgrounds and teams. This is a highly visible, key role for a great facility.
A team of 10 techs reports up to a maintenance supervisor whom will report to this role. This role is responsible managing another team working with inventory, ordering parts, etc. Well established teams that have a good understanding of their jobs, but need a strong leader that can develop them to the next level.
The Maintenance Manager sets priorities and coordinates crew activities and assignments and is responsible for the daily maintenance, repairs and upgrades to plant equipment; Serves as a technical resource for production managers. Typically has previous supervisory experience.
- Oversee maintenance department and manage employees.
- Report to Site Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known, while providing technical expertise regarding plant equipment and facilities.
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program and Implement quality improvement and cost reduction ideas.
- Contact and work with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results.
- Maintains adequate inventories of spare parts and purchase materials, parts, and supplies as required.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Responsible for Maintenance budget and related financial responsibilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four years maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- College and/or related technical courses.
- Five years experience in the packaging or corrugated box industry with heavy experience in electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electricity.
- Action oriented
- Customer/Quality Focused
- Organizational Skills
- Developing Direct Reports
- Building Effective Teams
- Priority Setting
- Process Management
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
Client offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account.
This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
5+ to 7 years experience
Skills and Certifications
- Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
- Management Experience Required - Yes
- Minimum Education - High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
[note: bold skills and certification are required]
- Technical (software) skills
- Security Clearance Required: No
- Visa Candidate Considered: No